Blisters Are a Pain
Everyone loves shopping for a new pair of shoes, but nobody enjoys breaking them in. This often leads to friction blisters, which can be frustrating and painful. Typically, these blisters tend to appear on the parts of your feet that are subject to rubbing or irritation from your shoes. The heel, sides of the foot, and pinky toes are the most common areas for blisters to flare up.
You've probably experienced the discomfort of a blister or two. Blisters aren't just unsightly - they can also cause pain and discomfort due to the constant rubbing between the blister and your shoes. So, if you're trying to avoid those pesky blisters, make sure to wear well-fitting shoes and protective socks (like Shezza socks). Trust me, your feet will thank you.
What Causes Blisters on the Heel?
Blisters usually happen when you're wearing shoes that don't quite fit. Poor-fitting shoes rub and create friction on your skin. That friction can cause the layers of your skin to separate and make space for fluid, which is what we see as a blister.
If you're always on the go and live an active lifestyle, you might be more prone to blisters than someone who's less active. Even if your shoes fit perfectly, doing activities that involve lots of foot movement can still lead to blisters. But don't worry, there are ways to avoid blisters to keep your feet feeling happy and healthy.
How to Prevent Blisters on Heels
Here are some blister prevention tips recommended by experts:
1. Wear blister protection socks – The simplest thing you can do is throw on some Shezza socks, which offer the best blister protection. Shezza socks prevent blisters on your heel by using the signature foam patch and moisture-wicking technology. These special features keep your feet both protected and dry all day long.
2. Snug fit – If your foot is too loose in your shoe, then it might move around a lot which leads to friction between your foot and your shoe. Shezza socks provide a snug fit, in order to ensure a comfortable and blister-free experience.
3. Keep your feet cool and dry – When you are active, your body temperature increases and your feet may start to sweat. When sweat is trapped, as is often the case with socks, it can lead to blisters. Luckily, Shezza’s moisture-wicking technology helps to absorb moisture which will keep your feet dry and happy throughout the day.
4. Break in your shoes by wearing them often – When wearing brand new shoes, boots, or high-heels, you might experience discomfort or even blisters when breaking them in. To prevent blisters and still break your shoes in, you should change pairs of shoes for the day once you start to experience any discomfort. Shezza socks can speed the break-in process for new shoes by allowing you to wear your new shoes without ever having to swap them out due to discomfort.
5. Choose the right socks – When choosing socks, consider the type of activity you'll be doing. For example, thin, moisture-wicking socks can be great if you will be running and thick socks are better if you're going hiking. If you’re prone to getting blisters, Shezza socks are always great because they provide extra cushioning in the heel and wick moisture to prevent blisters, no matter the occasion!
So, now that you know how to stop a blister from forming, don't let them slow you down or stop you from doing what you enjoy. You can prepare your feet by protecting them beforehand. By putting on Shezza socks and following these tips, you will feel comfortable no matter what activity you’re doing.